I once prided myself on being a “low maintenance” kind of woman. That is, until I decided to count my steps to get ready on an average morning (ready to go out, not just ready for my coffee and blog-browsing). It’s a surprising number.
My husband, who always looks good, takes about four steps: shower and maybe wash hair, brush teeth, deodorant, get dressed. If we’re getting ready to watch a movie or Netflix show at night (loving Ozark now), he needs a reminder about six minutes before the show starts to get ready for bed. Sigh.
Today I challenged myself to get beautiful in just twelve steps – counting steps is a bit subjective, but you get the idea:
- Body lotion – currently Aveeno
- Deodorant (loving a liquid roll on by Cardinal Health)
- Put damp curls in clips to help define them
- Brush teeth and use Biotene mouthwash (because I now have “dry mouth”, bleghh)
- Vitamin C cream on hands
- Facial lotion/sunscreen – almost always an Olay Regenerist product
- Scar gel for nasty wrist scars
- Fragrance – currently and almost always Infusion d’Iris by Prada
- Makeup: counted as one, but it’s concealer, mascara and lipstick most every day
- Body sunscreen 50+ SPF for exposed areas
- Fluff hair and sprinkle hair fibers on my thinning spots
- Get dressed
That’s thirteen, I can almost do it! But some days you’ve got to shave legs, tweeze other hairs, use eye drops or Minoxidil, file fingernails, etc. It can get intimidating.
I’d love to know if you consider yourself high or low maintenance with regard to getting beautiful in the morning. Am I hopelessly over-product-ed??
Stay fabulous, and see you at the new “Easy does it” Visible Monday,
Reminder: Visible Monday starts Sunday around 5PM. You are invited to share your favorite outfit, accessory, hairstyle or lipstick of the week – anything that made you feel Visible. Be there for the best blogger party and the finest style on the webz!
Join us! Click the Spotlight: