I usually do Gratitude posts on Fridays, but it’s not a law, eh? This is Gratitude Wednesday and it’s always time to focus on the good. The mood in the U.S. is uncertain and there’s been a shortage of optimism on the international scene too. While I worry about national and international affairs, I have to take a day to reflect on the good and hopeful.
We have the ability to take anything we see every day for granted. As I age, I’m trying to do less of that. Some of the uncomplicated things I’m happy about today:
1. A beautiful morning scene, taken from our balcony, in our little beach town:
2. My dear friend B’s beloved dog, twelve years old and deaf , wandered out of B’s yard. A search team was mobilized and four hours later B found Chloe a half block away, just wagging her tail and happy to see him. We all cried. B lives alone with his two dogs and loves them like family, or more. I think we all get that emotion.
3. OK I am shallow – this ring I found at Macy’s. Aye, it’s a beauty. It was about $40 when my sister let my use her Macy’s card for further discount. Is it too big? (#richgirlproblems).
4. We’re halfway through Top Of The Lake, a moody and gripping mystery set in New Zealand. It stars Elizabeth Moss of Mad Men fame as an emotionally wounded detective (I know, I know – aren’t they all?) trying to solve a missing child case. With twists. The scenery is breathtaking too.
5. Dermatitis! Not something to be grateful for, but the massive rash on my hands has subsided. I immersed my bare hands in a strong cleaner last weekend, while working on the shower. The shower looks good but I was left with raw, even blistered hands. My personal cure (YMMV): gobs of petroleum jelly mixed with cocoa butter, topped with cotton gloves. Oh yeah, and no more bare-handed scrubbing, doh. For extreme cases, a steroid cream is recommended but I didn’t have to go that route.
How is your week going, and what’s making you smile today?
Some fine sales on winter goodies:
Please be aware that links to vendors may be affiliate links. I do benefit from your purchases through the links on the blog.