Time for another edition of Weekend Check-In! It consists
of random thoughts, left over at the end of the week, about style and
more. The fun part is you playing along in the comments.
start an open sentence about fashion, or life, the universe and
everything, and complete the sentence with whatever I’m thinking about.
Then you finish the sentence with your own random thoughts.
So, the (non) rules are:
- I start a sentence.
- I finish the sentence with my thoughts du jour, subject to change at any moment.
- You finish the sentence with your own response, in the comments, if you like.
- This week I am fascinated with . . . vintage sewing patterns. I have been rooting through my favorite thrift stores and on eBay for wearable, easy-sew patterns. Here’s one of my finds; I really like the simple dress/top. No shoulder pads for me, though.
- Best evening out . . . watching my 12 year-old niece’s basketball game. Wow, those middle school girls play with fire in the belly. And our girls won, 39-9.
- Most beautiful jewel of the week . . . this Edwardian gold ring, set with opals. Can you see the snakes? This would make a fabulous alternative wedding ring.
|Via The Three Graces jewelry shop.|
Have the most delightful of weekends, and stay fabulous,
Visible Monday is on its “off” week this week, so we can recharge, refresh, and drink the pumpkin spice coffee. ☺ We’ll be back on Monday, October 6th (actually, the Sunday evening before)!
Not Dead Yet Style is a ShopStyle affiliate – please be aware that all links to these vendors are affiliate links. I do benefit from your purchases through the links on the blog.
I always worry part of the pattern is missing in op shops. Your dress and coat look super easy. As an Aussie, I've always loved opals…in spite of their unlucky reputation:-)
I am currently fascinated with linen and Japanese style clothing. Best evening out was to "Boxtrolls" at the movies as a family- well worth the trip. Interesting story, beautifully created and great characters. Most beautiful jewel is the silver and topaz? ring I saw on the man who served us at the clock shop 🙂 I do love you in your singlets and bangs /fringe. The casual you has a sexy edge! Xo JJ
Oh yes, that ring is gorgeous, I do love opals. And I share your fascination with vintage sewing patterns! xxx
That Obey ring .. oh, my .. claws!!
That ring! Ideal for those of us with October birthdays.
This week I am fascinated with fall's arrival!
Best evening out was to a trunk show in Sonoma for Stella Carakasi (just blogged about it)
Most beautiful jewel of the week is my new beaded feather necklace that I bought at said trunk show.
Have a great start to your week, Patti!