I pay attention to trends. Or actually, I don’t have to. If you like to shop, either online or in person, the trends will come to you. And there are some terrific ones for Spring/Summer 2013 that I am celebrating: stripes of all kinds, florals, nude nails, black-and-white, tuxedo-cut jackets, and lower, chunkier heels (yay!).
|Love these Sam Edelmans! Angie at YouLookFab featured them recently.|
I wear most of the above anyway. But their being “in” means there’ll be a lot more to choose from in all the shops, and then in the consignment stores/thrifts.
Here are a few of the next-great-things that I will take a pass on. They’re just not my style, but might be perfect for another woman, so no judgement is passed:
- Peekaboo anything. It’s in to show some skin, but not my skin. I like more coverage, although I don’t mind form-fitting for dress-up wear.
- Short suits. I did them in the 70’s. Enough said about that.
- Heavily embellished”global prints”. These are beautiful to look at but they overwhelm my small frame and low-contrast coloring. Maybe a fabulous scarf will do the trick.
- Neon. It’s back! And it’s never looked good on me, so I must pass again, save for a cool bangle.
|Lovely blouse but the color will wipe me out. Nordstroms, $79|
- Bomber jackets. Another style I really appreciate, but doesn’t suit me well, or I haven’t found the right cut yet. They tend to look too mannish on me.
Over to you: what are you embracing/avoiding of the “new” trends? Or do you pay no attention, and travel to the beat of your own drummer?