It is early here in Central Florida to be having this conversation, but everyone else is and I hate feeling left out. ☺ I could be fine with my lightweight dresses, skirts and tees for another month, along with bare legs and platform sandals. But what’s the fun of that when most of you are showing off your cool tights, booties and fox-sweaters, hmmm?
I have ongoing style goals to buy better stuff, in natural fabrics. I am doing well at eschewing fast fashion. I’m adding items with a plan – a loose, fun plan – but a plan for sustainable style. And I am shopping with my own aesthetic in mind, not necessarily what’s trending hot at the moment.
All my completer pieces will look great with my favorite boyfriend jeans, or full skirts, or maxi skirts this Fall and Winter:
- One or two merino sweaters. The wool has to be washable, as I don’t take my everyday clothes to the dry cleaner. I like a slouchy fit and a slightly longer length but not a tunic. Here are my favorites so far (I’ll be seeking them on eBay too):
|Eileen Fisher Merino Raglan Sleeve Sweater|
|J Crew Merino Sweater. Available in seven colors, very nice.|
- Pointy toe flats. I know, I keep listing them because I haven’t found them yet! Maybe I’m too fussy about these? There are larger issues in the world, right? Here are a couple of contenders that look comfortable and modern:
|MIA Edie Flat|
|Steve Madden Heaven. I know, just pick one!|
- A killer scarf to replace some of my raggedy ones. I like big scarves in muted prints.
|Ted Baker London Floral Scarf, Nordie’s|
- Replacement long-sleeve cotton tees. These really get a workout in the cool weather, and no matter how pricey the brand, they need replacing after one or two seasons. I love stripes and neutrals, with an olive tossed in.
|I keep at least five of this style tee on hand for Fall/Winter,
in neutrals and stripes.
- A wild card! (bought already): a cotton and leather moto-style long vest to wear over everything. It’s by Marc New York, olive drab and kind of tough; you will be seeing a lot of it!
I am working with a smaller wardrobe as my life gets simpler (materially) and more interesting (experientially). So far, it’s been a blast. I know for some of you minimal is dull, and variety is the spice of wardrobe, and I love you for that too. Viva la diff!
Happy, happy Thursday,