It’s been a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. We spent most of it with my baby sister and her family, playing games and laughing a lot. Food has never been terribly important to us (sorry, foodie friends!), so we keep it casual and go to a restaurant. The only downside = no stuffing sandwiches for tomorrow.
I try to practice gratitude daily, but I often fall into the more familiar pattern of griping, or moaning, or worse. Today I stayed positive and turned my mind to all the wonderful things right in front of my nose.
Not in order of importance, and not all inclusive, but here are a few:
- A completely companionable husband, and it doesn’t hurt that he’s wicked smart and handsome too. I didn’t meet him till I was 37, and I guess that was the perfect moment!
- Healthy family and pets. We are all getting some aches and losing hair, but we’re in remarkably good shape. My sister’s loveable dachshund is 17+ years old, and still hanging in with us.
|Jesse, the sweetest dog. She’s about 82 in human years and still loves her treats.
- Jobs, and enough income to take care of ourselves.
- Still-functioning brains, to learn, and discuss, and read, write, and watch. These are the things we love to do, and we can!
- The daily beauty of the ocean, right across the street, and the always-changing surf.
If you have a moment, please share something you’re grateful for, large or small. I’m grateful to all of you who read and remark, and are there to share.
We are ON for Visible Monday this weekend! The link-up will go live Sunday evening at about 5PM Eastern Standard Time.
We’ll dance on through Monday. Please join us with your fabulous Visibility.