Unless you have an unlimited and always-inspiring wardrobe, you may get bored with your outfits from time to time. I do (not with your looks, but with mine!). And I don’t even want a huge wardrobe – no room – but I do like a quick and easy tweak. Here are some that’ve been inspired by YOU all – on your blogs and Instagrams, and by people-watching and experimenting.
- A piece of statement jewelry, or collection of jewelry in an unexpected way. I’ve seen pearls mixed with leather, and two different bright necklaces worn together.
- A new makeup – maybe a brighter blush or softer lipstick, and all of a sudden your face looks fresh. I’m experimenting now with lighter lipstick shades and it’s a different look for me. Not sure I will abandon my reds, but it’s a fun change of pace.
- A favorite pair of sunglasses that make you feel mysterious/funky/uptown. Maybe something a bit out of the mainstream – cat-eye or oversized or round. Wear them any time you want to change up your look. Except at night, don’t wear them at night.
- Tuck in your top when you usually leave it out, and vice versa. You’ll get a new silhouette.
- Use light layers – like a sheer floral tank over a dress. Try a striped linen shirt, with rolled sleeves, over a tee. I sometimes wear a bright pink or cobalt camisole under another top, so just a little surprising color peeks out.
- Try a magnificent scarf with your best colors, that you can toss on five days a week for instant style.
You get the idea. Maybe a special belt, pair of earrings or even a statement sneaker.
It’s easy for me to choose my favorite quick and easy change: my hair. I enjoy changing up my look with wigs and hairpieces, and hair is what we normally notice first. I don’t change hair colors, because my hair is so thin and porous, but if you’ve got a healthy mane, experiment with temporary hair color. Get a blue streak for a day, why not?
Do you have some quick and easy tweaks to share?
Here’s some pieces that tweak my look:
Please be aware that links to vendors may be affiliate links. I do benefit from your purchases through the links on the blog.
I often use headwear to finish an outfit. I chic knotted head band gives a totally different vibe to a classic/basic outfit like a plain top and jeans, likewise a big sun hat.
Yes, that’s a great look! xo
Put a black (or colored) cami on under sheer white tops rather than a nude or white one. It looks intentional and somehow more current. That was as my “aha!” Moment getting dressed yesterday.
great one! Will try it. xo
Remember — always — that, if you cannot be bright, you can at least dress brightly.
Most days, I look like a walking crayon box. A quick change of pace for me is to wear neutral colors.
LOL! Thanks Lin, I love this.