Sandy and I were watching some bad TV the other night, and saw a commercial for a hair remover. It looked like torture, the basic idea being to quickly pluck out bunches of hairs from a woman’s legs or underarms. Big ouch, although all the women were smiling.
Being the entrepreneurial type, my man hatched some ideas for DIY beautification, using only what’s in his garage. I am sharing these nuggets here, at no extra charge. Note: they can be used by both men and women!
Sandy’s low-cost tool-time beauty secrets:
- Yank that unwanted hair off with Scotch Super-88 vinyl electrical tape. Just a few screams, and you’re done.
- Red Devil Crack-Patch spackle and 1″ putty knife for filling in lines. Alternate: McFeely’s Wood Grain Filler.
- Shaping fingernails and toes: Black and Decker 10″ sanding disc mounted on the drill press. Requires coordination.
- To cover grays – Minwax Waterproof Stain, followed by Thompson’s water seal.
|The blonde on the left is a pretty good match.|
- Fragrance, and I quote: “Nothing beats fresh sawdust.”
All the above is in jest, and is not meant to deter anyone from using the beauty tools of their choice. I have suffered for beauty too, having done at least the following:
- Had my underarms lasered free of hair.
- Plucked stray facial hairs.
- Used glycolic acid peels on my hands.
- Colored my hair with smelly chemicals for over 30 years.
- Used teeth whitening strips that made my mouth sore.
- And more.
How have you suffered for beauty, if you have?
Have a pain-free, beautiful day and stay fabulous,
Visible Monday is on its “off” week this week, so we can recharge, refresh, and sand down our rough corners. ☺ We’ll be back on Monday, July 14th (actually, the Sunday evening before)!
Sexy, but I don’t suffer for beauty like this anymore: