I have enjoyed every style book written by Brenda Kinsel. She is witty, warm, and usually spot-on in her style advice.
|A quick, fun read.|
Her little book Brenda’s Bible is a collection of advice, encouragement, affirmation and humor. Today I wanted a “Miracle Makeover”, particularly a “Ten Minute” version. (She calls it the “Ten Minute Makeover to Look Ten Pounds Thinner,” but many of us are fine looking however many pounds we are : > )
Brenda’s ten-minute tips:
- Fill in your eyebrows. I love this one, although I often forget to do it.
- Lift your bra straps and loosen your belt.
- Wear a size bigger to look a size smaller. I like the looser feel of sizing up, so I do this a lot.
- Add a pretty lipstick color. Of course!
Here’s a couple I thought of, not miraculous but helpful, and I’d love to know yours:
- Brush on some highlighter or rosy blush.
- Toss on a scarf that flirts with pattern-mixing. Yes, just throw it on, you can fuss with it later.
- Run some styling cream or mousse through your hair to freshen the style.
- Spritz on a scent. I just sampled Lady Gaga’s Fame yesterday and loved it. It didn’t smell slutty to me at all!
|Really, just toss it on. Source.|
What do you do if you feel the urge for a ten-minute makeover?