Dear blogger friend Debbi from She Accessorizes Well tagged me with the “Tell Me About Yourself” Award, and asked me to pass it on. I learned that Debbi and I are the *exact* same Personality Type, based on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (we’re both INTJ’s). So no wonder we bonded immediately.
So, my turn to spill some blogger beans:
- I am a rabid sports fan. Can’t tear myself away from baseball, football, basketball — I love them all. Sports bar = paradise on a Saturday afternoon.
- I was a French major in college. Yes, French. I still do love the language and the literature, but never earned a penny from it. Eh bien, c’est ca.
- I have a bit of OCD with regard to housekeeping. OK, a lot of OCD. Cleaning is an anxiety-reducer for me.
- Team City or Team Country = City All The Way!! I’ve lived just outside Boston and Washington DC, and commuted to work in those great cities. Cities make me feel ageless.
- I’m married to my dream man, but if he should be sucked off the face of the earth by a comet, I would possibly marry Bruce Springsteen (with a dash of Bishop Desmond Tutu thrown in for grace).
- A couple of my favorite movies, TV shows and books: L.A. Story, The Princess Bride, Dexter, Six Feet Under, anything by James Lee Burke, the Spencer novels, The Daily Show, Isaac Asimov’s and Robert Heinlein’s novels (especially Stranger in a Strange Land, one of my all-time favorites).
- I still feel awkward talking about myself, and would rather ask questions.
|One of my favorite books of all time.|
So many of my blogger friends have already been tagged! But I pass this honor along to:
Allie, Wardrobe Oxygen
Kari, The Chronicles of Lady K
Sally, Already Pretty
Steph, The Dashing Eccentric
Kiki, Psyched for Style
Lorena, Lorena’s Everyday Wear
Coastal Harp, Project Redesign
Erica, Recycled Fashion
Mongs, My Thrifty Closet
. . . And all the fabulous personal style bloggers who are brave and smart, and put it all out there, day after day.
(If you’ve already participated, please ignore, or pass it on again.)
Visible Monday Link-Up Reminder: Monday October 10th is Visible Monday, a group posting for anyone who’d like to participate. The simple guidelines are here. Basically, just post something that makes you feel wonderful/visible, and link to it via my Monday post. Easy and fun.
Hi Patti, I had given you this award too! Yay, I loved reading your answers. Hope your NYC trip planning is going well. I love to clean too. In fact, I think I am going to clean the kitchen right now…
Thanks so much for tagging me! I really appreciate your kind words. Good to get to know you better 🙂
LOL Bruce Springsteen and Desmond Tutu! I never thought of that combination! Great getting to know more about you! Hugs to you! ~Serene
Sigh, OK, we can share Bruce. He transcends.
You are such a good writer with the addition of wit and wisdom. Thanks for the 'self reveal.'
I am definitely OCD about housekeeping, but less so than I used to be.
Hey I'm glad to know that people still use Myers-Briggs. I'm an INFJ and I've only ever met one other one. Used to work in a department with lots of you INTJ's though!
Love your list of fun facts about yourself. I so enjoy learning all the little interesting things about people.
Can you bring some of your housecleaning OCD over here please? I could use it.
Patti, I enjoyed learning more about you, but one thing…can we share Bruce? And thanks for your kind comments about my mom. I'm visiting with her today and she's a little better each day. Debbie http://thriftygirlvintage.com