Sarah says her “Style Faves” include bright lipstick, leopard prints, knee high boots, pearls worn with menswear, and “all things sparkly”. Sound like a lot? When Sarah pulls it together, it’s just right. She also can help you beautify your home and personalize your closet; she likes to make things more fabulous.
|Color, texture, pattern, shine – Sarah works all the elements for a
personal style that glows.
|She can really make her accessories sizzle, like these leopard flats
and brilliant scarf.
|And Sarah mixes brights beautifully and with confidence.|
If you haven’t yet, please check out Sarah’s blog; it will make you smile.
Sarah very kindly bestowed the Sunshine Award on my blog. It comes with the request to answer her questions, so here we go:
- Why did you originally start your blog? I wanted to write about being 50-something and still being interested in looking great. And slightly worried about the whole Am-I-Too-Old-To-Be-Fashionable thing.
- Why do you continue to blog? What inspires you to keep going? The pleasure of the interaction with other bloggers, and the discipline of making myself write!
- What is the most treasured item in your closet? How/why did you acquire it? Hmmm, not too many treasures in there. Can I say my wedding ring?
- What is your signature style piece? (A scarf, a favorite coat, piece of jewelry, etc.) Probably booties, brown or black, with full skirts.
- What movie/TV show do you find most inspires your style? I adore the fashions Grace Kelly wore in all the films she did in the 1950’s, esp if Cary Grant was in them.
- Got any great pics of your sense of style as a kiddo? Please post or describe. Umm, I was a chubby kid with short curly hair. Probably cuter than I remember, but I was not stylish in any way!
- “I can’t believe I ever wore…” Hot pants.
- Fill in the blank: “My biggest personal style hurtle is _________. I jump this hurtle by ________________.” Financial/thrift shopping.
- What era of style do you most identify with and why? (Roaring twenties, nineties grunge, etc.) I love something about every era, but I especially adore the long, sleek dresses of the 1930’s, and the fabulous hairstyles of that time.
- I have been blogging less than a year. What is the best advice you would give to a newbie blogger? Be yourself!
I can never choose just a handful of blogs that inspire me, so I pass this award on to all of you who would like to participate. Spread the sunshine.