Six best style sites, even if you’re not a fashionista. I don’t consider myself a fashionista, but I do love fashion. And since the pandemic began, I’m spending more time on virtual fashion than on my own wardrobe.
I like to keep pace with what’s trending in the Big Fashion Picture, too. I appreciate a site that gives me an international view, or a young person’s perspective, or an eco-friendly one, or a strictly inside-NYC-style connection.
Here are six sites I visit regularly for a shot of style:
- Sustainable Chic. There are tons of sustainable style sites now, and this one is a favorite. The publisher writes about the ways “fashion can exist responsibly, so we can enjoy the art and love behind the things we wear & use everyday.” I’m loving the Sustainable Holiday Gift Guide, with goodies like these artisan earrings.
“Fashion is very important. It is life-enhancing and, like everything that gives pleasure, it is worth doing well.”–Vivienne Westwood
- The New York Times Style section. Sometimes stuffy and often aimed at the wealthy Manhattan-ite, this site still offers great coverage of the major fashion shows. It has suffered from the loss of the irreplaceable Bill Cunningham.
- WhoWhatWear is an online style and culture magazine geared mostly (surprise!) to younger women. (At 65, I am way older than most online readers, so let’s just stipulate to that.) Still, there’s great photography and good style tips, like The Trick That Makes Every Outfit Look Cool.
- The Guardian has a lively fashion section. I like their regular features, like “Fashion For All Ages.” Their posts have a cheeky London flavor. Recent likes: The Best Ethical Pendants and Sweatpants Out? The End Of The Lockdown Look. (noooo!)
- The Cut is New York Magazine’s fashion blog and covers modern style, beauty, politics, and current events. It’s citified. Example: A Rising Supermodel Speaks Candidly About Mental Health.
- Doré calls its site ” . . . a global destination that values the quiet, embraces the slow, and delights in style and beauty.” Easy to navigate and with sophisticated-yet-real features that keep me coming back. I love the elegant writing by the creator, Garance Doré. Here’s a thoughtful article about minimizing beauty routines.
“Fashion you can buy, but style you possess. There’s no how-to road map to style. It’s about self expression and, above all, attitude.”–Iris Apfel
Do you have a favorite style/lifestyle site? Please share in the comments. 😊
Stay fabulous and safe, wash and wash and wash (your hands), xo
Listen to the professionals for all the latest news on the virus! Meanwhile, browse these goodies:
Please be aware that links to vendors may be affiliate links. I may benefit from your purchases through the links on the blog. Header photo by Photo by S O C I A L . C U T on Unsplash.
Thank you for sharing this informative and interesting post with us. I am selling Custom birthstone necklaces,Personalized Jewelry,name pendant. We are trustworthy And have collected praise from many customers.https://jewelrycyber.com
Thank you very much for sharing, it is so useful for my shopping
Happy holidays to you and stay safe!
Thank you for sharing the links! Have a happy Sunday!
Review Belt For Women
Same to you, Elizabeth, and stay safe! xx
I look at the NY TImes Style section regularly, although it is been pretty minimal during COVID. I also enjoy The Cut, and like Sheila, I used to look at Go Fug Yourself regularly. Otherwise, I don’t really look at Style websites. I follow a number of vintage vendors on IG and I like drooling over the marvelous pieces they post.
Hi Shelley! Hope all is well with you, and yes, the vintage pieces on IG are drool-worthy. IG has become a reliable resource for beautiful vintage. Stay safe, xx.
Great! Thank you so much for sharing the links!
Cool Men Style
Thanks for the kind words, Aidan. Stay well and safe.
Lovely links, thanks for sharing them!
I’m not a fashionista but still like to have a look at fashion shows and trends, and get some inspiration!, lots of creativity and fun there!
Hello Sra and thanks for coming by! I too enjoy a fashion show, and the inspiration, and the gorgeous clothes. You’re a talented re-creator of great looks, xx.
Thanks so much for these, Patti! I love reading about fashion and pretty much everything I find is through recommendations. I’ll be checking out a bunch of these shortly.
I actually really enjoy Go Fug Yourself – they are not mean, and I love all the flashbacks they’ve been doing during the pandemic.
Hi Sheila! Hope you and L. are safe and well and happy. I like Go Fug Yourself too, I’ve picked up quite a few “don’ts” for my own style there : >. Party on and be excellent, xx
Thank you for your site recommendations as I have liked your style the cute red shoes etc. . I enjoy fashion as it is fun and creative .A fashion site I adore is Pinterest for new ideas in color and styling inspiration and save money . With Pinterest you can save styling ideas that inspire you and then shop your closet and create your own original inspired creative look.
Good morning Joan and thanks for coming over! Of course, Pinterest is an excellent source for inspiration – thanks for adding it. Stay safe and well, xx.