I have an inclusive packing list I’ve created after lots of NYC trips. It helps me remember the non-clothing items that makes a trip easier. And as for clothing, whatever I don’t bring, I can find there. It’s the greatest shopping city in the world (imho).
Here’s my list of “little things” that make a big difference when we travel, and I would love to hear about yours:
- Glasses. Extra readers tucked away in my purse, carry-on and pockets!
- Vitamins. I put them in a snack-size Ziploc bag.
- Meds. Don’t want to leave these behind, though they are thankfully few.
- Hat. I have a crushable sun hat that fits my big melon.
- Book lights. Because you don’t know what kind of lighting you’re going to find at an AirBnB apartment. And I have to read before I fall asleep, or I don’t fall asleep.
- Our itinerary. The LIST of all the cool things we’ve talked about doing, with dates and times and websites. I forgot it once, and actually cried.
- Tea bags and sweetener. For that first evening, in case we didn’t get to the grocery yet.
- Event tickets. These are mostly on our cell phones now, but I still like a paper ticket when traveling.
- Sheet music and pitch-pipe. For my newest obsession.
And here’s my core wardrobe for the week:
Two boyfriend trousers and a casual skirt, solid and print tops, a light jacket for a cool night. The shoes have to be ultra-practical, as does the cross-body bag. A scarf for a pop and simple jewelry. That should do it, along with a comfortable Karina dress for travel days.
Browse my suitcase:
Not Dead Yet Style is a ShopStyle affiliate – please be aware that all links to these vendors are affiliate links. I do benefit from your purchases through the links on the blog.