OK, not life-altering. I read an article about how to make your blog titles sexier and more magnetic. I did, however, find some non-life-altering fashion tidbits in a little book, I Want To Be Her! How Friends and Strangers Helped Shape My Style by Andrea Linnett.
Ms. Linnett does a fashion autobiography in a whimsical tone, focusing on her style heroines over the years. They range from her grade school friend Amy/Elizabeth, to co-workers at Lucky magazine, to famous models of the 90’s. There are no photos, only charming illustrations. And little nuggets of style advice. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Sometimes a teeny dash of bad taste can be sexy in the mix.
- Don’t fall for every trend in the book.
- Biker boots can sometimes be sexier than heels.
- It’s never too late to re-invent yourself, even if it just means cutting your hair.
- Wear what you love. Don’t be afraid to take chances.
Have a wonderful Saturday, take some chances, and stay fabulous,
Friendly reminder: Visible Monday starts tomorrow at around 5PM. Be there for all the visible revelry!