We agree the very best things in life are free – a new day, a kiss, a friendship, a smile,
a subscription to Poshmark, that first cup of morning coffee, singing in the car, a lick and purr from your cat. These are the things that make life good, and that we can enjoy any time, whether we’ve got piles of money or just a scrap of it.
And some terrific things are almost free, and bring a lot of joy too:
- Spotify or similar online music service. For $10 a month you can have unlimited, commercial-free music of your choice. I’m listening to Peter Frampton right now (I’m old).
- Paperback books. We can still get them for a couple of dollars, via Amazon.com. My latest picks include some Margaret Atwood, and Sandy is reading Neal Stephenson’s Anathem.
- Watching a great TV series, like Breaking Bad, Peaky Blinders, Ripper Street, and more – on Netflix for about $9 a month.
- A cold beer on a hot day. I don’t love beer but it does have its moments. An icy mug helps.
- e.l.f. cosmetics. When I need a new lipstick or blush, there they are – offering terrific products for a few bucks. And a package comes in the mail!
- A hot full-fat latte on a cold day, especially in NYC, and that last part is so NOT-frugal.
- A rambling session at the thrift shop; I rarely top $20.
- These very cool bangles:
Stay fabulous, and see you at Visible Monday,
Reminder: Visible Monday starts Sunday around 5PM. You are invited to share your favorite outfit, accessory, hairstyle or lipstick of the week – anything that made you feel Visible. Be there for the best blogger party and the finest style on the webz!
Join us! Click the Spotlight:
Here’s more frugal fun:
Please be aware that links to vendors may be affiliate links. I do benefit from your purchases through the links on the blog.
Header image via this site.