Woo-hoo, it’s NYC time! This trip is for the World Science Festival, where great minds are on hand to teach us mere mortals about cosmology, physics, biology, ecology, and beer (see below). This will be our sixth Science Festival in a row, and we always have a blast.
As well as erudite lectures, there’ll be plenty of time for (my) shopping the fabulous thrifts and consignment stores. Oh, and one of the “lectures” is about the history of beer (“Cheers To Science“) complete with samples. Last year I ate the bread and cheese of the fellow sitting next to me, so I wouldn’t get too loopy.
The weather’s predicted to be warm but not hot, so perfect for jeans, skirts, and dresses, with only a lightweight cardigan for cover. I’ll take:
- Two pairs of jeans, one dark denim and one red. The red is surprisingly versatile.
- Several neutral knit tops – black and white – and one colorful tee.
- A chambray shirt – will go with everything and serve as a light jacket.
- A knit midi dress, sleeveless and great for layering.
- A black cardigan, for the plane if not for the city!
- Indispensable: my most comfortable walking booties, with Birkenstock insoles.
- A crossbody bag (I just picked up a Coach for $40 at Molly Mutt) for comfort and hands-free browsing.
Here’s a look at my travel wardrobe, and nothing says I can’t pick up a new thing or two, in the Greatest City in the World.
Happy weekend, and stay fabulous,
Visible Monday is on its “off” week this week, so we can recharge, refresh, and prowl the thrift shops. ☺ We’ll be back on Monday, June 2nd (actually, the Sunday evening