What not to wear. This post is not what it may appear to be: a list of clothing and accessories that are “no-no’s” for women who are older/smaller/taller/sassier. It’s more like a philosophy of what no one needs to wear, regardless of age or size.
If you’re a regular reader, you know for sure I don’t write lists of what not to wear. I’m in the awesome women’s club (as are you) whose “rules” are: wear what you love, support other women, and break rules whenever you are so inspired.
That said, here’s a twist on what not to wear, and I’d love to hear what you think in the comments:
- Things that make you feel bad about your body; they’re too tight or loose, too long, too drab or overwhelming. You’ve never felt grrrreat wearing them but maybe you feel inhibited to give them away, because you bought them. It’s freeing to get them out of the closet, trust me.
- Things you’ve always worn but never given much thought to. For me one example is high-collar shirts or sweaters. I fall in love with them in the shop or online. But they never, ever flatter my face. I look much better in a vee-neck or scoop-neck.
- Things that itch or bind or make your feet hurt. Some women, even in their over-50 years, can still rock a high heel. I applaud you! For me, those days are over and cool sneakers are my best friend. Likewise shapewear (for me): it makes me feel like an unhappy sausage. If you love it, you do you.
- Anything that doesn’t inspire you (borrowing from Marie Kondo – have you heard of her? 😄). Life is short, wear the joyful clothes.
News! I am taking ten days off from blogging, to go on a fab adventure and then to recuperate from that adventure. It takes a day or two longer to recuperate than it used to, dammit. Visible Monday will take a break this coming weekend, and we’ll be back on April 22nd. Party on and be excellent to each other. xox
Are you feeling the urge to purge? The seasonal wardrobe change-over is a terrific time for it. Tell us about it in the comments, please.
Stay fabulous, and wear what you love,
Browse these cool pieces:
Please be aware that links to vendors may be affiliate links. I do benefit from your purchases through the links on the blog. Header image via this site.
This article was featured on Links à la Mode weekly fashion roundup by Independent Fashion Bloggers. Want to start your own fashion blog? Find out how here.
More fashion articles:
- Letting Go of The Fear of Color by Life with Mar
- Utility Chic by Season’s Best
- What Not To Wear, The “No Rules” Edition by Not Dead yet Style