Today was a self-tutorial. My beloved photographer was out surfing (!) so I had to do my own pictures if I wanted to record the daily look. I’m ashamed to say I haven’t mastered the camera’s timer yet so I was forced to do the mirror thing. The results are not laughably bad (Hope!) but there were some lessons learned:
- Remove the wrist strap from the camera, lady. Doh.
- Loosen up a little. I was concentrating on getting my whole self in the picture, and my poses are pretty stiff.
- Smile, even if your face is covered up. It shows in the eyes. You should see the pics I discarded; the scowls were scary. No head shots were blog-worthy today.
- Keep the flash off. Enough said.
- Learn the timer thing, really soon.
- Fashion note: even on a fairly slim frame, a poofy skirt belted tight at the waist adds the illusion of weight.
On the plus side: I love my Banana Republic ruffled top with this graphic skirt. I felt so feminine all day. And I adore my new bunny necklace, the Ballerina. It’s from Forever21 and inspired directly by Debbie from Thrifty Girl Vintage (she has two, I think). Thanks, Deb! The two bracelets are from F21 too.
Please tell me I’m not alone: was there a time when you struggled with mirror-shots too?
Visible Monday Reminder: Monday August 22nd is Visible Monday, a group posting for anyone who’d like to participate. The simple guidelines are here. Basically, just post something that makes you feel wonderful/visible, and link to it via my Monday post. Easy and fun.