Six best style sites, even if you’re not a fashionista. I don’t consider myself a fashionista, but I do love fashion. And since the pandemic began, I’m spending more time on virtual fashion than on my own wardrobe.
I like to keep pace with what’s trending in the Big Fashion Picture, too. I appreciate a site that gives me an international view, or a young person’s perspective, or an eco-friendly one, or a strictly inside-NYC-style connection.
Here are six sites I visit regularly for a shot of style:
- Sustainable Chic. There are tons of sustainable style sites now, and this one is a favorite. The publisher writes about the ways “fashion can exist responsibly, so we can enjoy the art and love behind the things we wear & use everyday.” I’m loving the Sustainable Holiday Gift Guide, with goodies like these artisan earrings.
“Fashion is very important. It is life-enhancing and, like everything that gives pleasure, it is worth doing well.”–Vivienne Westwood
- The New York Times Style section. Sometimes stuffy and often aimed at the wealthy Manhattan-ite, this site still offers great coverage of the major fashion shows. It has suffered from the loss of the irreplaceable Bill Cunningham.
- WhoWhatWear is an online style and culture magazine geared mostly (surprise!) to younger women. (At 65, I am way older than most online readers, so let’s just stipulate to that.) Still, there’s great photography and good style tips, like The Trick That Makes Every Outfit Look Cool.
- The Guardian has a lively fashion section. I like their regular features, like “Fashion For All Ages.” Their posts have a cheeky London flavor. Recent likes: The Best Ethical Pendants and Sweatpants Out? The End Of The Lockdown Look. (noooo!)
- The Cut is New York Magazine’s fashion blog and covers modern style, beauty, politics, and current events. It’s citified. Example: A Rising Supermodel Speaks Candidly About Mental Health.
- Doré calls its site ” . . . a global destination that values the quiet, embraces the slow, and delights in style and beauty.” Easy to navigate and with sophisticated-yet-real features that keep me coming back. I love the elegant writing by the creator, Garance Doré. Here’s a thoughtful article about minimizing beauty routines.
“Fashion you can buy, but style you possess. There’s no how-to road map to style. It’s about self expression and, above all, attitude.”–Iris Apfel
Do you have a favorite style/lifestyle site? Please share in the comments. 😊
Stay fabulous and safe, wash and wash and wash (your hands), xo
Listen to the professionals for all the latest news on the virus! Meanwhile, browse these goodies: