My gorgeous and gracious friend, Judith of Style Crone, was the first to introduce me to Instagram, almost two years ago. She took our picture at lunch and immediately posted it right there on her phone. So cool.
I didn’t do anything about it though, being a procrastinator and we-fear-change and all that. Then my equally gorgeous and vibrant friend, Suzanne of Suzanne Carillo (now offering some of her vintage treasures for sale, check it out), advised me that I needed to get with it. So I got with it, finally, last month. And I really enjoy it.
- It’s present and spontaneous.
- I get glimpses of the lives of some stylish, fascinating people.
- And likewise, I can let my friends know a little more about me.
- It’s easy to use and comment on. All the commenting is done the same way as opposed to blogs which have a variety of commenting software.
- I can read it while waiting for my wine to arrive, or sitting (as a passenger!) in traffic, or all snuggled in my bed. No “real” computer is needed, just a smart phone.
- Pictures do tell a story in a more immediate way than text. I am an avid reader, but love a good visual story too.
- The filters are big fun, especially the ones that give your pictures a vintage feel.
- Kittens. Say no more.
Bag And A Beret. It’s a gosh-darn avant-garde fashion show everyday with this one, I tell you. Mel is a treasure.
Uh-oh, someone just pumped up her ‘tude. Vintage masterpiece from Pao (projectminima.blogspot.com): stretchy front-zip onepiece with matching button-up quilted overskirt with silky gold lining. Purr. #vintageclothing #anythingispossible #outofmyway #vanmagram #vancouverstyle #40plusstyle #iwillwearwhatilike #womensfashion
Anne Bray. My artist friend takes amazing pictures, including of her own brilliant sketches.
A photo posted by anne m bray (@annembray) on
Fake Fabulous. I want all of Sam’s outfits in my closet.
Artful City Style. Her hair! And fabulous New York City vibe.
Close-up on my wonderful new necklace by @pamnerinecklaces See www.pamneri.com Photo by @dentontaylor #ootd #40plusstyle #fashionover50 #fashionover40 #curlyhair #fashion #fashionista #nyc #fashionoftheday #advancedstyle #stackedbracelets #yellowandblack #agelessstyle #agelessfashion #womenwithstyle #styleatanyage #50plusandfabulous #statementnecklace #handmadejewelry #imanijewelrynyc #linkrunway
A photo posted by @artfulcitystyle on
Spashionista. My friend Alicia who combines style and activism.
The Silver Stylist. Her hair!
A photo posted by Lisa Hale (@thesilverstylist) on
This isn’t an exhaustive list by any stretch: you can see who I’m following here.
Please follow me, if you like, at my Instagram account. And use the comments below to shout out your own feed. We can all be Visible!
Browse the fab pieces worn by these stylish women:
Please be aware that links to vendors may be affiliate links. I do benefit from your purchases through the links on the blog.