My favorite activity in NYC, right after thrifting and visiting historic pubs, is style-watch. I didn’t go above 14th Street this visit so we are all about Downtown. The styles are decidedly more casual, urban, and creative in the Villages, so this is my Downtown report on what is Happening Now. Almost certainly, Brooks Brothers shirts, leather flats, and Hermes scarves are seen on the Upper East Side as I write this.
Here’s what impressed me in my gawking:
- Skinnies and leggings. Everywhere on everyone. Usually with booties or sneakers/Chuck Taylors. If I saw three flared trousers that’s on the high side. This will change, I predict, as more young people re-discover “our” bell bottoms.
- A few print coats stood out in the sea of black and grey. This one’s a stunner.
- Scarves were not as free-flowing this Fall, and showed more artful styling.
- I caught a few glimpses of Japanese style minimalism in Soho. I love these clean, structural looks.
- Man buns and hipster beards. Everywhere. Sandy is threatening the bun.
Browse the NYC looks:
Not Dead Yet Style is a ShopStyle affiliate – please be aware that all links to these vendors are affiliate links. I do benefit from your purchases through the links on the blog.