Good news is always welcome! I rarely turn on the television news lately, not because it’s all so negative, but because I want to see anything other than a politician’s face. You lovely readers outside the US, I hope your political campaigns are short and efficient. Ours seem to go on in perpetuity.
Changing directions to the brighter side, here is my Friday round-up of all things bright and beautiful:
1. A super-store in Manchester, England has instituted a “Quiet Hour” every Saturday to help its autistic and other special needs customers shop in a quiet environment. The manager said, “I suffered for many years with anxiety. I used to absolutely hate going into busy stores. There are a lot of people out there who have mental health issues.” Bravo for this, and let’s make it many more hours, in many more stores.
2. I spent Thursday afternoon re-watching Vinyl at my friend Bryan’s house, with his two old dogs at our feet. I’ve known Bryan for 17 years, and he just retired as manager of the Thrift Shop where I volunteer. We sipped wine spritzers (they are still a thing if you just believe) and covered all the celebrity goings-on. It’s heaven.
3. The Night Manager is on Episode Two. Starring Tom Hiddleston – my future husband if God forbid Sandy gets sucked off the face of the earth by a rogue comet – Hugh Laurie, and the fabulous Olivia Colman. I am so hooked.
4. I discovered this fashion site, with ultra-minimalist and some truly out-there designs. It’s crazy out of my price zone too, but inspirational. A little outre (I’m seeing Tilda Swinton) but I love the sleek lines, and folds, and funky shoes.
5. My cat Stinky bit my hair to wake me up today. She does it every day, actually. I love it because it means she’s still here (age 14) and wants me to get up. That’s
P.S. Visible Monday starts early, on Sunday evening at 5PM EST. Be there, for the finest classic link-up on the webz!
Some of my picks that have a cool minimalist vibe, but don’t cost a mortgage payment : >
Please be aware that links to vendors may be affiliate links. I do benefit from your purchases through the links on the blog.